The Cerbo GX is a communication centre which allows you to always have control over your Victron system from wherever you are. It sits at the heart of your installation, with all the Victron system components (such as inverters/chargers, solar chargers and batteries) connected to it, allowing you to maximise your system’s performance.
Monitoring of the system can be done either with the Cerbo GX in front of you, or from anywhere in the world. Simply connect through the Victron Remote Management portal, or access directly, using the separate GX Touch (GX Touch 50 or GX Touch 70 touchscreen display accessories, not included), a Multi Functional Display (MFD) or the VictronConnect App thanks to its added Bluetooth capability. The Cerbo GX also provides remote firmware updates and allows settings to be changed remotely.
- Perfect monitoring & control: Instantly monitor the battery state of charge, power consumption, power harvest from PV, generator, and mains, or check tank levels and temperature measurements. Easily control the shore power input current limit, automatically start and stop a generator based on user-defined conditions (the user manual will explain what conditions are available to you; and it will guide you through the steps required to set-up this useful functionality). In addition, the Cerbo GX allows you to change any setting to optimise the system, follow up on alerts, perform diagnostic checks and resolve challenges remotely.
- Internet connectivity: Connect the Cerbo GX to the internet to get all the advantages of the Victron Remote Management Portal. The Cerbo GX sends data from all connected products to the Victron Remote Management portal - from where you can monitor energy usage, view the current status of connected products, configure email alarms and download data in CSV and Excel formats. In addition to remote monitoring, an active internet connection allows the Cerbo GX to regularly check for new firmware versions - which will be automatically downloaded and installed.
- Maximise your system performance: The Cerbo GX maximises the performance of your systems components in real-time and keeps them in perfect tune. With its Dual Core Processor and the addition of an extra CAN-bus port you can now support even bigger systems; closely follow managed (lithium) batteries while the second port can support up to 25 simultaneously connected VE.Can solar chargers. Four tank- and four temperature ports as well as 3 VE.Direct ports, 3 USB ports, 4 digital inputs and 2 relays allow you to expand control to a new level.
- Expand your view (optional): The new 5" GX Touch 50 or 7" GX Touch 70 displays allow you to have an instant overview of your system and adjust settings in the blink of an eye. Their super slim waterproof design, top-mountable setup and their simple installation bring a lot of flexibility when creating a crisp and clean dashboard. The GX touch display units (5" or 7") are not included.
- NMEA 2000-out function: NMEA 2000 is a communications standard used for connecting marine sensors and display units within ships and boats. The Cerbo GX is certified by NMEA 2000, and when the NMEA 2000-out feauture is enabled, the data from Victron devices connected to the Cerbo GX is made available on the NMEA 2000 network. This way, the Cerbo GX acts as a hub, collecting information from connected equipment, such as inverters, battery monitors and chargers, and making them available to a marine MFD (also known as a chart plotter). Marine MFDs can then read this data and visualise it to the user, often in a highly configurable manner. This makes the Cerbo GX easily integrated into any boats network.
- Simple mounting and configuration: The Cerbo GX is now optimised to more than meet the standards of installer professionals. The device is easily mountable on a DIN-Rail (with DIN35 adapter small, not included) and its separate touchscreen can now be bolted on top of a dashboard, eliminating the need to create perfect cut-outs and is connected through just one cable, taking away the hassle of having to bring many wires to a dashboard. Its new Bluetooth feature enables a quick connection and configuration via the VictronConnect app.
- Outsmart any power challenge: The Cerbo GX serves endless purposes, extending perfect control to the most diverse applications. For solutions including generators, such as Marine, or Off-grid & Backup, it will auto-start/stop your generator, or delays ignition until the end of ‘quiet’ periods. For Energy Storage Systems it keeps backup batteries at 100%, kicks-in during power-cuts and diverts excess (solar) power to self-consumption, saving you money. For RV and Emergency vehicles it keeps vital systems functioning flawlessly.